Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Will I somehow get dependent of this herbal supplement?

I'm 15 and take Bacopa Monniera under the brand of Memo Plus Gold. I noticed that I matured a lot after taking it and my thinking habits have really changed. It always made me feel so clear-minded whereas before, I used to feel like there was some kind of fog in my head, and normal conversation would get me stuck in my own head. People said I always think too much, and in the past I suspected myself to have some trace of ADD and OCD. Actually, I was never diagnosed with any psychological problems, but deep inside, I didn't feel as normal and connected to the world as I do now. I seem to have a more outward perspective nowadays and when things need to be objective, my view becomes objective instead of subjective. I've been taking this supplement since a year ago, where it said to take it 2 times a day for 3 months, then after that I would only take it once a day for maintenance. I take it before I go to sleep, for some reason it seems to have a better effect. I was primarily attracted to the idea it was a memory enhancer and that improves overall brain health and senility. I myself just wanted to be more alert. There were days that I didn't take my supplement and I was fine, still clear-headed as I wanted it. I thought how maybe I wouldn't need to take it anymore. But if I were to be stressed and tense, that foggy-headedness would come back which in turn also brings back my "bad habits". The supplement doesn't seem to cure it if I take it in the morning, after not taking it for a long time. When I was a lot younger, I was a lot more brain healthy.. I just wanted that health back. Will this make me dependent of it, or are herbal supplements not much to worry about in this case?

No comments:

Post a Comment